Inca Trail 2 Days 1 Night with Hotel
El Santuario Histórico de Machu Picchu guarda una profunda esencia de lo sagrado y misterioso, que armoniza con el paisaje natural
Short Inca Trail
This amazing Inca Trail has been declared a new seven wonder, part of a network of 30,000 km. of trails, Vibrant with the most incredible nature that can be found due to the location of the subtropical forest, full of valleys, snow-capped mountains and an amazing variety of plants, birds and animals, crossing archaeological sites and the living traditional culture of the Sacred Valley of the Incas while using its cautiously preserved stairs and tunnels and ending in the legendary Machu Picchu.
Hiking the Inca Trail will be one of those experiences you will remember forever as this is the essential adventure of Peruvian travel, a perfect blend of cosmopolitan and traditional Andean life. For this excursion to Machu Picchu you can immerse yourself in that gigantic and preserved Inca culture by listening to the locals proudly defend their traditions while learning a Quechua word or two along the way, immerse yourself in those fantastic landscapes, in true living paintings of Mother Nature and redefine the way you travel while taking care of everything else.
Like all of our tours the Machu Picchu Trail is a tailor-made trip by travel specialists so that you can enjoy every minute without wasting money.
If you were left with the desire to do the classic Inca Trail tour of 4 days and you were surprised that the quotas were exhausted. Doing the Inca Trail 2 days 1 night is the only tour that will allow you to travel part of what is covered in the route of 4 days 3 nights, and above all will allow you to reach Machu Picchu through the gate of the sun (Inti Punku). In this tour you will combine the trip by train and walk where you will be able to enjoy the beautiful landscapes along the first day. and to visit Machu Picchu the second day.
Previously you will have coordinated the time of pick-up from your hotel and this varies according to the train schedule may be this of 06:10AM or 07:45AM (or others available at the time of confirmation), you will be handed their respective lunch box and will take you to the train station of Ollantaytambo where the transfer will let you board your train and this will take you to km. 104 (could be km. 106 according to the provisions of the DRC).
In this place will be waiting for your guide to immediately start the tour by the Archaeological Group of “Chachabamba” which is located at 2250 m.a.s.l. also pass through the complex to reach “Wiñay Wayna” agricultural center.
During the trip you will be able to appreciate the beautiful views of the Urubamba River as well as the different types of orchids that you will find along the way. Then we will take a brief rest to have lunch the box lunch that was delivered previously to him, later to it to continue with our walk towards Machu Picchu and to be able to appreciate the beautiful sunset on the “Inti Punku” (door of the sun) after this unforgettable experience we will descend until arriving at the town of “Machu Picchu Pueblo”, at all times will be with your guide who will help you locate your hotel so you can accommodate, then coordinate the time of your dinner that will be included taking advantage of the time to finalize details of your guided tour in Machu Picchu the next day.
Overnight at your hotel in the town of Machupicchu (Machu Picchu Pueblo) on your own.
- Accommodation: Hotel
- Maximum Altitude: 2680 meters/8792 feet
- Minimum Altitude: 2100 meters/6888 feet
- Hiking Distance: Approximately 7 kilometers
- Approximate Hiking Time: 6-7 hours
According to what you have coordinated with your guide you will have to go to the bus station, for this you have to coordinate with your hotel so they can give you breakfast to take away.
The climb will be done together with your guide by bus (if you wish to walk up, please communicate in writing at the time of requesting your reservation). We will visit the archaeological complex of Machu Picchu (2400 m) our guided visit will last approximately 2 hours to 2 hours and a half for all the surroundings of the Inca citadel, visiting the main sites like: the enclosures, squares, Sacred Fountains, Temples, the agricultural and urban sector.
After our visit you can take advantage to climb the mountain of Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu mountain (it is important to have the ticket purchased in advance) or you could choose to go down to the town of “Machu Picchu Pueblo” for enjoy our lunch (on your own) or rest, considering you should be 30 minutes before the departure of your train.
The average arrival time is at 15:20 hours (the time may vary according to the availability at the time of confirmation, may be the train 16:22 hours, 18:20 hours, 20:50 hours or 21:50 hours), if you want an earlier train or other upgraded service such as the Vistadome just indicate in your request. Whatever your train schedule, it will take you only to Ollantaytambo station, at this point the carrier will wait for you with the palette of our company and bring you to Cusco leaving you near your hotel.
- Maximum Altitude: 2100m/6888 feet
- Minimum Altitude: 2400m/7872 feet
- Hiking distance: Approximately 9 km
- Approximate hiking Time: 3-4 hours
End of our services.
- Transfer from your hotel in Cusco to Ollantaytambo Station.
- Round trip train tickets in Expedition tourist service up to kilometer 104.
- Box lunch on the first day (ham and cheese sandwich, 1 bottle of water, 1 rehydrator, two fruits, candies, cereal or cookie bar, quinoa chaufa.)
- Entrance tickets to the Inca Trail and Machu Picchu.
- Bus tickets from the first day: Machu Picchu to “Machu Picchu Pueblo”.
- Dinner in “Machu Picchu Pueblo” on the first night
- Return train tickets in Expedition tourist service to Ollantaytambo station.
- Transfer from Ollantaytambo Station to your hotel in Cusco.
- Professional English/Spanish guide throughout the tour.
- Accommodation in “Machu Picchu Pueblo” Hotel, you can book on your own or with us (indicate preference category and type of accommodation).
- Bus tickets for the second day: “Machu Picchu Pueblo” – Machu Picchu – “Machu Picchu Pueblo”.
- The first breakfast (first day).
- The last lunch (second day).
- Entrance to Machu Picchu – Huayna Picchu 2nd shift (79 USD).
- Entrance to Machu Picchu-Montaña 2nd shift (77 USD).
- Tips and Gratuities
- Expenses not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Original passport (and international student card (ISIC) if applicable).
- Hiking shoes.
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho.
- Warm jacket, hat and gloves.
- Comfortable pants.
- Sun hat.
- Sunscreen cream (factor 50 recommended).
- Reusable plastic or metal water container or camel bags.
- Insect repellent.
- Personal medication.
- Camera and extra batteries
- Flashlight with spare batteries (headlights are the best).
- Trekking Poles (with rubber tip).
- Extra money.
- Bathing suit (for the hot springs in “Machu Picchu Pueblo”) where the cost of entrance at the door is US$4.
The government has strictly limited the number of people allowed on the Inca Trail (permits are issued to about 200 trekkers per day plus 300 porters, these 500 permits include 4 days of Inca Trail). We recommend making a trekking reservation as soon as possible, recommended 4 months in advance.
It is recommended to book the Inca Trail tour to Machu Picchu 2 days in advance, before booking flight tickets and hotels, as there are limited places to book the Inca Trail in “MINISTERIO DE CULTURA” and PERU RAIL (train tickets).
Exclusive service: we will only operate on our tourists; we will not pass or join with other agencies. Our groups in average are from 2 to 6 people, the departure is guaranteed 100% even if it is only one person.