Rafting In The River Urubamba 1 Day
Full Day Rafting Urubamba
The Urubamba River runs from the high snow-capped peaks to the Sacred Valley of the Incas, passes through Machupicchu and into the jungle, it divides into high and low Urubamba, this division ends at the pongo de Mainique, a white water canyon that opens into the plains of the jungle. One of the most fascinating areas for canoeing is the so-called “Chuquicahuana (CHUQUI)” located in the upper part of Urubamba. There are quite a few class III rapids in this sector where the river is not yet polluted, as it unfortunately is in the Sacred Valley.
This section is ideal for day trips with good levels or classes II, III, III+ and IV. Excellent view with large eucalyptus trees, beautiful flowers. This section of canoeing is all year round and from early December to late March the river is class IV.
We pick you up at your hotel, after an hour and a half of travel by bus we arrive at our campsite located on the banks of the Urubamba River in the upper (Cusipata) “CUSIPATA RIVER CAMP”, our private campsite offers many facilities such as dressing rooms, hot showers, sauna, and dining room. Upon arrival our professional rafting guides will give you a safety talk and will provide all the appropriate equipment for canoeing such as spray suit, windbreaker jackets, helmets and floats. Then we will be floating for approximately 02 hours running class II and III. During the rainy season from December to early March, rapids can be class III+ and IV.
Afterwards, we will arrive again to our camp where they have hot showers and a small sauna, then you will have a delicious lunch. As an option you can make the Zip Line are zip lines that cross the river from one end to the other, then we will board our mobility to return again to Cusco approx. at 5 pm.
NOTE: The rapids are catalogued as follows:
- Class I: Flat water, lakes, low-lying rivers
- Class II: Small rapids with small rocks
- Class III: Rapids, Waves, Rocks, incredible for rafting
- Class IV : Strong rapids, waves, very fun!
- Class V: The most difficult level a person can run, really dangerous
- Class VI : Not for running! Avoid! * Always use your safety equipment
Advantages of contracting this tour with Rainbow Peru Travel
- Personalized assistance: You will have private transportation and a specialized guide just for your group.
- Departure and return times will be adapted to the availability of time you have.
- You will have more time to get to know in depth the place and the culture of its inhabitants.
- Transportation Cusco – Base Camp – Cusco.
- All canoeing equipment, helmets, spray suit, floats, windbreaker.
- professional security kayakers.
- Professional river guide.
- Transportation back to camp.
- Small Sauna and hot showers.
- Social recreation area.
- Water, Snacks.
- Gratuities (optional).
What you need to bring:
- Bathing suit.
- Dry clothes.
- Sandals or tennis shoes that can get wet.
- Sun block.
- Small towel.
- Positive aptitude.
Why book with Rainbow Peru Travel?
Our travel agency works directly with our passengers, therefore, we do not work with intermediaries or give commissions to third party agencies that increase prices unnecessarily.
In our company we work with 100% local people, professionals in the area of tourism who are constantly trained, which guarantees a fully personalized service.
We are a Tour Operator totally authorized to carry out Tourist Activities in the different tourist sites in Cusco, certificates granted by the Provincial Municipality of Cusco and Ministry of Foreign Trade and Tourism (DIRCETUR and MINCETUR).
We have many years of experience, we know our region because it is our area of work, so we find the right solution to the various situations that may arise and fortuitously, this way of working is our best letter of introduction.
Exclusive service: we will only operate on our tourists; we will not pass or join with other agencies. Our groups in average are from 2 to 6 people, the departure is guaranteed 100% even if it is only one person.