Q’eswachaka Bridge Tour – Full Day
Queswachaca Tour Full Day
In the times of the Incas, was built a large network of roads and mainly the recognized Qhapaq Ñan, this network of roads joined the territories of the Inca Empire to cross the difficult geography of the Andes, also built Hanging Bridges made of plant fibers, this complex technology has been transmitted from generation to generation form people of the place and also there is a single bridge that is renewed annually until the day and for the last 500 years have unique the past with the future; This bridge is located over the Apurimac River at 3700 meters above sea level, this bridge is renewed by approximately 1000 people belonging to 4 communities meet to renew their structures, this ancestral ritual was recognized in 2013 by UNESCO as Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity.
Crossing this bridge is like going back in time.
Our adventure begins at 4:30 in the morning when we pick you up from your respective hotels, and then go on our private transportation through some tourist districts of Cusco. We will make a first stop in Combapata, where we will be able to use the hygienic services and enjoy the local breakfast (2 cups of quinoa and a bread with cheese).
Then we will arrive at the Mirador de Combapata to then arrive at the district of Yanaoca is one of the eight districts of the province of Canas in Cusco.
One more hour we will arrive at the district of Q’ewe where the famous Inca bridge of “Q’eswachaka” is located. It is built with vegetable fiber and has a length of 28.67 meters. The same one that is reconstructed once a year by the inhabitants of the nearby communities, all this happens in the month of June. On your tour our guide will give you an explanation about its construction and its history.
After one more hour of travel we will arrive at the villages of: Pampamarca, Asnacqocha, Acopía and Pomacanchi here we will make a stop to make “Picnic” observing a great quantity of flora and regional fauna experiencing an enriched Andean culture finishing our lunch “Picnic” returning to Cusco we will make a stop in the Portal of Rumipunku to finally arrive to Cusco in our tourist transport for an average of 2 hours, arriving approximately at 4:30 pm to the city of Cusco.
Advantages of contracting this tour with Rainbow Peru Travel
- Personalized assistance: You will have private transportation and a specialized guide just for your group.
- Departure and return times will be adapted to the availability of time you have.
- You will have more time to get to know in depth the place and the culture of its inhabitants.
What’s included in the tour:
- Transport from your hotel or hostel and we will drop you off near the Plaza de Armas in Cusco at the end of the tour or if you wish we can drop you off at your hotel or where you tell us.
- Professional guides
- We use private buses and minivans; very comfortable and with all the security accessories according to the number of passengers, our driver has many years of experience.
- Breakfast and lunch Box Lunch (vegetarian options available)
- First aid kit (including emergency oxygen balloon).
It doesn’t include you:
- Tip for guide and driver
- Entrance to Qeswachaka Bridge ( 10 soles )
What you need to bring:
- Take only what is necessary for the tour
- Comfortable clothes for walking
- A bottle/canteen with water minimum one liter
- Camera and its batteries
- Articles to protect yourself from the sun (sunglasses, hat or hats for the sun).
- Snack (energy bars, dried fruit, chocolates, etc.)
- Extra cash for your personal expenses or to buy some gifts.
Exclusive service: we will only operate on our tourists; we will not pass or join with other agencies. Our groups in average are from 2 to 6 people, the departure is guaranteed 100% even if it is only one person.